CyberDude

Tech News, Tech Solutions, Tech Hitch Solutions, Gadget Informations

Saturday 11 March 2017

Facebook Introduces Messenger Day to Help You Plan Your Day

While Snapchat’s parent company Snap Inc. filed for its IPO recently, competition from Facebook has still been fierce. Today, Facebook launches Messenger Day which is meant to help you live in the moment with various filters that share custom photos and videos and disappears after 24 hours. Although Facebook Stories andInstagram Stories already both compete with Snapchat Stories, this new feature further increases competition and encourages the use of Messenger’s newly enhanced camera to get people together.
As to what differentiates this between everything else that’s flooded the market, Facebook’s vice president of messaging David Marcus told TechCrunch that:
“This is about today. It’s not about yesterday. It’s not about tomorrow. The two key functionalities are 1. I’m going to set context because it’s going to make for better conversations if people know where I am and what I’m doing. And 2. It’s about where I want to take my day so I’m going to use a frame, take a photo, and see which of my friends are going to engage with me to actually make that plan, because planning is one of the core capabilities of a messaging app.”
He also added that Day will probably insert advertisements between posts to become one of Messenger’s first revenue streams. Let us know if you’ll be using the new Messenger Day.
PHOTOGRAPHERTECHCRUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Recent

Comments